1. Can you lose weight when you quit or cut down on sugar?
- Yes, more than likely!
- When you’re quitting sugar it means you’re quitting processed food, cutting down on fruit juices, cutting out sweet treats such as chocolate and Haribo! And when you quit these processed food, sweet treats and cut down on concentrated fruit juices that means you’re quitting empty calories.
- Most people find that when they quit sugar, they lose bulk, especially around the face and abdomen (which is where your liver holds the weight gained from excess sugar consumption).
2. How much weight will you lose?
- That is something only you can find out for yourself because everybody (and every body) is different.
- Quitting sugar and treating your body with the respect it deserves will see you find your bodies natural, sustainable weight.
3. What happens to your body when you cut out sugar?
- slows down the ageing process, skin feels smoother, looks brighter, collagen increases.
- You will see a loss in abdominal fat.
- you will feel more energised.
- lowers the risk of heart related diseases and type 2 diabetes
- you will get a better nights sleep
- your mood will be more stable and you will feel happier
- your memory improves
- your immune system improves
- decrease in joint pain and inflammation in the body
- your will power and cravings improve over a period of time
- your oral health improves
4. How to cut down on sugar
- gradually cut out sugar so the cravings aren’t as intense
- make your own sauces and dressings
- swap fruit juices for real whole fruit
- avoid flavoured yogurts
- don’t buy any sweet treats for your cupboards
- cut down on alcohol especially those with a mixer
- cut out fizzy drinks
- don’t buy any processed foods, make all your food from scratch
- cut out sugar from you tea and coffee