JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING ON HOLIDAY DOESN’T MEAN ALL YOUR HARD WORK HAS TO GO OUT OF THE WINDOW..
Keeping to a well balanced and nutritious diet is hard enough for some people, so throw a holiday into the mix and for some people it’s a green light to undo all their hard work..
On average people gain 5 pounds whilst on a two week holiday. These tips will help you keep that weight gain to a minimum, whilst still enjoying your holiday!
– Pack your own food for the journey, it will save temptation and also save you a fortune on unhealthy fast food!
– Stock up on healthy snacks from the local supermarket at your destination, and plenty of bottled water to keep your body hydrated!
– If you’re planning on having a big lunch, have a lighter evening meal or vice versa. So if you have the all you can eat buffet for lunch, choose a salad in the evening!
– Just because you’re on holiday doesn’t mean you have to fill up on sausage and bacon sandwiches at breakfast!
-Choose the high protein options like scrambled or boiled eggs and the meats off the continental breakfast!
– Try the exotic fruits you might not get at home. They are different so will feel like a treat whilst still being healthy!
– Use a smaller plate at the buffet. It instantly enforces portion control!
– Eat plenty of fresh, locally caught fish. Full of good fats and proteins!
– Eating late on holiday is common, try to avoid that bread basket and focus more on protein based foods!
– Try alternate alcoholic drinks with water. It will keep your body hydrated and also help with the hangover the next day!
– On holiday you can still get plenty of exercise whilst enjoying a break. Use the pool, go for walks or bike rides. All these will burn calories without feeling like exercise!
– Most importantly, enjoy the break and the rest. Recharge the batteries ready for when you get back, so you’re ready to get after that goal again!